DMOZ listing

DMOZ.org Discuss ways to get listed and also learn what to do and what not to do. The Free Directory on the internet with over 460,000 Categories and 55,000 Editors.

Moderator: John55

DMOZ listing

Postby roxxy » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:14 am

I have added my site in DMOZ before around 6 months but it is not yet in DMOZ. Should I add it Again?
roxxy

Postby marketraisecorp » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:23 am

After months of frustration my website submission has finally been approved by the DMOZ editorial team and has been put in the respective category.It took 8 months to get the nod ,since it was a free subscription.I had already given up hope and when I asked members from various forums they came up with 2 options a)DMOZ is no longer important and 2)Bribe the editor.Well I didn't believe the first and neither did I try the second one.So people who still have their website waiting for approval in the cue don't get dis heartened just submit it to the most relevant category .Incase your website has 10 keywords and you optimize your website properly for all of them, then try submitting it to the category that has the minimum amount of approvals pending.That will surely help.I did that and was successful.
marketraisecorp

Return to Open Directory Project